Skip to main content

no super hero business

Last night, I got robbed.

You have played out different scenarios in your head, thinking you would know exactly what you would do in that situation only to find out-it doesn't quite work that way. It happened so fast, I didn't have time to react. And the thing is, I really wasn't scared. Shocked, yes. Pissed off, absolutely. I don't care how big and badass you think you are - unless you are trained for this type of situation, nines times out of ten, you will nut-up like a virgin seeing a naked woman for the first time. I did and there isn't much I am afraid of.

No matter what scenario you choose, 99 out of 100 of those, I would have ended up dead, in a hospital or in jail. This one time, I walked away with a very bruised ego and a lot of heartache. My intentions were good but my head was in a completely different place.

Where did I go wrong? Let me tell you...

1. I'm a female.
2. It was night time. (dumbass)
3. I was on a bad side of town. (it didn't used to be!)
4. He walked up on my car and I didn't see him.
5. ALWAYS follow your gut! Had I done so, my husband would still have his gun. The moment he walked up on me, I should have gunned it.

Those are just a few. I could probably list ten more. One thing Matt always taught me was to be aware of my surrounding. I thought I was. I was looking for something that wasn't there and that is what caught me off guard.

There is an ongoing investigation. I'll give more details when it is over.

Never second guess yourself. Your gut is usually right.

I've beat myself up since it happened. It hurts in more ways than you can imagine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a real love story

I am going to tell you a story. It is a story of love, surrender and peace. There is a hero in the end. But there usually is, right? Right. Four years ago, I met this guy through a friend. I wasn't looking for love at all. Just a companion, a friend, someone to share with. After 13 years in hell, who really wants to look for love again? Not this girl. So this guy, he was pretty nice. A gentleman. You don't come across too many these days. We became friends, talking every day, having lunch and what not. As the days passed, I found myself falling in love. I was scared. Neither of us wanted to get married again and we certainly weren't looking for anything long term. But as the saying goes, the heart wants what the heart wants. Sometimes, God has better plans for us. I remember the day I told him I was in love with him. It is still fresh in my mind. It was night time and we were standing on the front porch having a cigarette. I debated on whether I should tell him or not. ...

something dependable

Some days it's just not enough to say I love you. I love my friends and family. I try hard to be good to those I love and cherish because its what God asks me to do. I've always tried my best to be a good friend but some days, I think I suck at it. Some days it's hard. It takes alot out of me to be there for someone else when I'm struggling just as much as they are but most days, no one ever knows it. They don't know what it does to me, knowing my 13 year marriage failed. They don't know what it's like raising two kids alone, especially when one is a teenager. They don't know what it's like to struggle to raise a family on a single income, not knowing where the next meal might come from. No one knows the inner turmoil I battle on a daily basis and that the only one I have to turn to...is myself. And God. I smile on the inside but there are days I wanna cry for hours but I can't. I like being the one people depend on, but who do I have to depend o...

difference

I received an email tonight, asking me if what I was going through over these last 7 months was worth it. And without any hesitation, I said Yes. I wouldn't change a thing. So he asked me why? Why, as a woman, would I put myself in this kind of situation that leaves you alone, vulnerable, powerless at times, overwhelmed and most nights, in tears. And my answer was this: Have you ever stopped dead in your tracks and looked around you to see where your life was headed? Was this the path you'd chosen? Or was is dictated to you? Was it "safe" so you went along with it, not knowing what would happen, but as long as you were "comfortable", that's all that mattered? Whatever happen to having expectations? Aspirations? Achievements? A real life. Leaving behind a legacy that people will one day and look back on and say "yes, she did great things with her life...he family and friends would be proud"? How many people truly view our existence in this ...