Skip to main content

tears

I'm an emotional kinda gal. I wear my heart on my sleeve. As tough as I try to be, I have more compassion than you could possibly imagine. I guess that's one of the many reasons I've wanted to become a nurse.

So here it is, not even noon and I've probably cried or teared up at least 3-4 times. Why?

I was listening to my iPod on the way home from picking up my kids from camp and a song came on that immediately sent my thoughts to Matt. I thought back to the first night we met and like a cheshire cat, my whole face lit up. My heart swelled until I thought it would burst in my chest, I got the warm fuzzies and then I started to cry. Not just tear up but CRY. Yeah. I'm a cry baby.

It's the feeling that moves you to the most beautiful tears. Knowing that someone loves you more than themselves. That's hard to find. He can walk in a room and my whole world will stand still. That look he gives me ...butterflies, have mercy. When he wraps his arms around me, I melt. He let's me know that I'm his whole world just by smiling at me. I've never in my life experienced anything like him. It is overwhelming. It is my perfection.

So I picked my kids up from camp and every time I go, the counselors gush over them. How wonderful they are, smart, polite...and this sense of pride fills me. Tears well up just thinking about it. They are incredibly amazing. I've been privileged and trusted with their lives; to raise them up and teach them to be productive members of society. They are unique in their own ways which gives them certain qualities about them that I adore so much. I didn't teach that part...it is just who they are. And I love it. We, as parents feel it's our duty to teach them about life. In reality, it's mine who have taught me so much more.

To whatever God in this universe felt I was worthy of this much love & happiness in my life...thank you. I'll continue to allow these happy tears to fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a real love story

I am going to tell you a story. It is a story of love, surrender and peace. There is a hero in the end. But there usually is, right? Right. Four years ago, I met this guy through a friend. I wasn't looking for love at all. Just a companion, a friend, someone to share with. After 13 years in hell, who really wants to look for love again? Not this girl. So this guy, he was pretty nice. A gentleman. You don't come across too many these days. We became friends, talking every day, having lunch and what not. As the days passed, I found myself falling in love. I was scared. Neither of us wanted to get married again and we certainly weren't looking for anything long term. But as the saying goes, the heart wants what the heart wants. Sometimes, God has better plans for us. I remember the day I told him I was in love with him. It is still fresh in my mind. It was night time and we were standing on the front porch having a cigarette. I debated on whether I should tell him or not. ...

something dependable

Some days it's just not enough to say I love you. I love my friends and family. I try hard to be good to those I love and cherish because its what God asks me to do. I've always tried my best to be a good friend but some days, I think I suck at it. Some days it's hard. It takes alot out of me to be there for someone else when I'm struggling just as much as they are but most days, no one ever knows it. They don't know what it does to me, knowing my 13 year marriage failed. They don't know what it's like raising two kids alone, especially when one is a teenager. They don't know what it's like to struggle to raise a family on a single income, not knowing where the next meal might come from. No one knows the inner turmoil I battle on a daily basis and that the only one I have to turn to...is myself. And God. I smile on the inside but there are days I wanna cry for hours but I can't. I like being the one people depend on, but who do I have to depend o...

The difficult decisions

The most difficult thing ever for a parent to do is let a child go. My son has decided he wants to live with his dad when school starts. Hearing those words made me feel like someone ripped my heart out. He turned 13 this year. I didn't think I had to let him go until 18 but it happened alot sooner than I wanted. He's growing up fast and maturing even faster. I know that he needs his dad in his life to teach him how to be a man. In my mind I know this but my heart is having a hard time hearing it. That precious boy has given me 13 amazing years of his life and I've been blessed with being apart of those years. He wants to strengthen his relationship with his dad and that, in my eyes, is a sign of maturity. His dad will be able to guide him in areas of his life that I might otherwise not be able to simply because I'm not a man. I could be selfish and tell him no, but I can't look him in his beautiful brown eyes knowing that I've denied him something that is so ve...