Skip to main content

what I love is...

His Smile
His eyes
His laugh
His voice
His hands
His protective arms
His hugs
His Kiss
His Sarcasm
The way he strokes my cheek
The way he plays with my hair
The way he just watches me
The way he holds me when I’m scared
The way he holds my hand as we walk or are driving
His enthusiasm
The look he gives me when he just wakes up
The way he just cuddles me
The softness in his eyes when he’s worried about me
The way he worries about me
The way he tells me everything
The way he kisses me to shut me up
The way his hand always finds mine
The gentleness of his touch
The way he cares for me
The way he don’t care how hyper or crazy I am
The way he kisses my neck
The way he looks when he is standing on the doorstep
The way he never wants to say goodbye
The way he always finds time for one more kiss
The way he plays with my kids
The way he misses me
The way he takes such good care of me when I am not feeling well
The way he lets me know just how much I mean to him
The way he knows just the right time to stop me to give me a hug
The way he helps me out when I am feeling lost in my thoughts
The soft spot on the back side of his neck
The feel of his breathe on my neck
The way he tells me I am beautiful inside and out
The way he whispers against my neck
The way he encourages me
The way he makes me laugh
The way he is always there for me
The way he kisses away my tears
The way he says the very same thing that I’m thinking
The simple understanding of how I feel without me saying a word
The way he texts me every day to tell me he loves me
The way he protects me
His trust
The fact he loves me as I am and doesn’t want to make me any different
His utter confidence in me
His loyalty
The way he truly believes that I am beautiful
The way he is proud to have me by his side
The way he lets me pour all my thoughts and feelings onto him when I can’t cope
His passion for music
The way he tries to help my kids understand the things that are going on in their life
The way he is able to laugh at himself
The way he thinks I am so much better than I am
The way he tells everyone about me
The way he keeps me warm when I am cold
The way he makes me feel as if I am the only one in the room when we go out
The way he makes the bed
The way he never seems to bore me no matter how long I’m with him
The way he can make the most out of just about anything
The way he complements my cooking even if I don’t think what I cooked was very good
The way comes up behind me when I am cooking or washing dishes and wraps his arms around me to tell me thank you or I love you
I love his interest in new things
I love his acceptance of my flaws
The way he goes stir crazy not doing anything at all
His generosity
How much of a gentlemen he is
How much fun I have with him when we are out with our friends or just the two of us
The way he makes me feel when he is around
The way he won’t force me to do anything I don’t want to do
His acceptance and help with memories that haunt me
His genuine interest in things I like
His politeness
The way he is so concerned about feelings
The way he seriously thinks about the future
The way he whispers I love you before we fall asleep
His outlook on life
The way he asks for things and doesn’t demand them
The softness of his voice when I am upset
The way he can calm me down when I am angry
The way he makes me melt
The way he completes my life
The way he accepted my heart when I gave it to him tattered and broken

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

changes are coming

Four years ago, Trevor and Savanna came to live with us, to start a new life. One that we’d hoped would be fruitful and blessed. Our lives changed in every aspect over that four year period. We all grew in different ways. Some for the best and some, not so much. But overall, it was for the betterment of both of them and we saw great improvements over those four years. Last year, one simple mistake changed everything. July of last year during summer football camp, Trevor got caught with a pocket knife. He didn’t think anything of it because he always carries it, just like any other young man in Alabama. He didn’t think about it being a school function and honestly, who would? He had no intentions of harming anyone at all. Mind you, Trevor had come so very far in four years. He was making straight A’s, taking Honors classes, playing football and well on his way to making huge changes for his future. We could not have been more proud. The Autauga County School Board decided they need

life will go on...eventually

     I genuinely believed after having this major surgery, my quality of life would greatly improve. Don’t get me wrong-the surgery did relieve me of my headaches and for that, I am truly grateful. But it seems to have brought on another set of problems that I wasn’t prepared for. It has been frustrating, discouraging and most of all, very painful. My numerous doctors seem to believe that the surgery exacerbated a problem I began having before the surgery-arthritis in my hands. Now, it’s throughout my entire body and some days, it is hard to get out of bed, much less walk. It takes more strength than I knew I had. Pain meds and arthritis meds don’t seem to help much and some days are far worse than other. But I keep going, regardless because I have to. I pray daily for healing but I find myself asking why…why after going through such a traumatic event in my life, believing I was going to move onto something better, does this have to happen now? What am I supposed to be learning for th

tears

I'm an emotional kinda gal. I wear my heart on my sleeve. As tough as I try to be, I have more compassion than you could possibly imagine. I guess that's one of the many reasons I've wanted to become a nurse. So here it is, not even noon and I've probably cried or teared up at least 3-4 times. Why? I was listening to my iPod on the way home from picking up my kids from camp and a song came on that immediately sent my thoughts to Matt. I thought back to the first night we met and like a cheshire cat, my whole face lit up. My heart swelled until I thought it would burst in my chest, I got the warm fuzzies and then I started to cry. Not just tear up but CRY. Yeah. I'm a cry baby. It's the feeling that moves you to the most beautiful tears. Knowing that someone loves you more than themselves. That's hard to find. He can walk in a room and my whole world will stand still. That look he gives me ...butterflies, have mercy. When he wraps his arms around me, I