Skip to main content

goosebumps and butterflies

Sometimes it's like watching my life through a movie. Sitting here, even after two years, I still ask myself, "is this real?"

Yeah, I'm sure some people are rolling their eyes and most won't even finish reading this. So what. You'd have to truly understand what my previous marriage was like in order to fully comprehend why I'm in such awe of the man who chose me to be his bride today.

He opens doors for me. He kisses me good night every single night. At any given moment, he just has to reach out and touch me. I think he does it to make sure I'm still there. I love the way he smiles at me. Or when I'm in the kitchen and he walks up behind me and wraps his arms around me to kiss me neck. I've only seen this kinda stuff in movie. Fortunately for me, it's my life. I never take a second of it for granted.

I love the way he makes me laugh. We're like two kids playing together. We were in the walmart parking lot the other day when all this monstrous rain came. I was jumping in rain puddles splashing and we're both giggling like crazy. We could be standing in the middle of the coffee isle and he'll kiss me just because. I love the looks we get. Every time he is stretched out on the couch, I walk by and run my nails up the back of his feet. He makes the funniest sound and his face is hilarious. He's like a lil frustrated kid. He makes the most adorable pout faces.

If you'd asked me five years ago if I was happy, I would have told you I had happy moments. Continually, consistent happiness for the last two and a half years? I honestly never imagined it was possible. I dreamt of this life. I had day dreams of the stuff that makes movies. Tall, dark and handsome comes in out of nowhere and sweeps you off your feet. Tall, not so dark but incredibly handsome worked up the nerve to stick his head through my car window and kiss me on the first night we met. He later told me he was terrified I'd punch him for doing that. Nope. I fell in love. To date, it's still the best and most memorable night of my life.

Yep, I gush. Everyday I'm completely amazed. We don't fight. We don't always see eye to eye...but I know a fight and we just don't do that. Fights with my ex were screaming matches that the neighbors could hear two miles down the road. We aren't the Clevers. We are just our own crazy, awesome, modern day version of the Brady Bunch. My kinda perfect.

Matt was having a heart to heart with M the other day. He asked her, "is your Mom happy?" To which she replied, "Yeah, she is very happy. You guys don't fight. She's always laughing". Matt and I get all sappy and goofy and she'll say "eeeewwwww", it just makes me giggle. My babies are just as happy as I am and that makes all the difference in my world.

Last night, Matt was tucking me into bed. He was kissing me and I smiled and said "look, I have goosebumps again." He ran his hand up my arm and just laughed. He said to me: "You're gonna be the oldest woman in the world getting goose bumps and butterflies..."

I smiled and said: "I hope so..." <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

changes are coming

Four years ago, Trevor and Savanna came to live with us, to start a new life. One that we’d hoped would be fruitful and blessed. Our lives changed in every aspect over that four year period. We all grew in different ways. Some for the best and some, not so much. But overall, it was for the betterment of both of them and we saw great improvements over those four years. Last year, one simple mistake changed everything. July of last year during summer football camp, Trevor got caught with a pocket knife. He didn’t think anything of it because he always carries it, just like any other young man in Alabama. He didn’t think about it being a school function and honestly, who would? He had no intentions of harming anyone at all. Mind you, Trevor had come so very far in four years. He was making straight A’s, taking Honors classes, playing football and well on his way to making huge changes for his future. We could not have been more proud. The Autauga County School Board decided they need

life will go on...eventually

     I genuinely believed after having this major surgery, my quality of life would greatly improve. Don’t get me wrong-the surgery did relieve me of my headaches and for that, I am truly grateful. But it seems to have brought on another set of problems that I wasn’t prepared for. It has been frustrating, discouraging and most of all, very painful. My numerous doctors seem to believe that the surgery exacerbated a problem I began having before the surgery-arthritis in my hands. Now, it’s throughout my entire body and some days, it is hard to get out of bed, much less walk. It takes more strength than I knew I had. Pain meds and arthritis meds don’t seem to help much and some days are far worse than other. But I keep going, regardless because I have to. I pray daily for healing but I find myself asking why…why after going through such a traumatic event in my life, believing I was going to move onto something better, does this have to happen now? What am I supposed to be learning for th

tears

I'm an emotional kinda gal. I wear my heart on my sleeve. As tough as I try to be, I have more compassion than you could possibly imagine. I guess that's one of the many reasons I've wanted to become a nurse. So here it is, not even noon and I've probably cried or teared up at least 3-4 times. Why? I was listening to my iPod on the way home from picking up my kids from camp and a song came on that immediately sent my thoughts to Matt. I thought back to the first night we met and like a cheshire cat, my whole face lit up. My heart swelled until I thought it would burst in my chest, I got the warm fuzzies and then I started to cry. Not just tear up but CRY. Yeah. I'm a cry baby. It's the feeling that moves you to the most beautiful tears. Knowing that someone loves you more than themselves. That's hard to find. He can walk in a room and my whole world will stand still. That look he gives me ...butterflies, have mercy. When he wraps his arms around me, I