Skip to main content

rants of a lost girl

I have never been a fan of group workouts. What I mean by that is, activities such as aerobics, boot camps, crossfit or even yoga. I cannot stand to be in an environment that draws attention to me. It throws my anxiety into overdrive. Here is an example of why:

Over two years ago, I decided I would give Fitness Boot Camp a try. A friend told me about it and invited me to come. I had been running already and needed an extra boost to kick my weight loss into gear. I decided to try and overcome my fear and go along. So I did. Just so happened, I knew the guy who was running it, Chris. We went to college together. So I thought, "okay, I can do this". By the time I left that night, I was discouraged, disappointed and in a lot of pain. I cried the entire way home. Why? Because the ONLY person who pushed me and encouraged me was Chris. Everyone else looked at me like I was a leper. I can only imagine what they were thinking. "She's too slow." "What in the hell is that girl doing here? She's too big." Probably worse. I was the biggest person in there but no body was trying as hard as I was. It took A LOT for me to even work up the nerve to show up. It was pretty scary. I left feeling defeated and heartbroken. I haven't been back since.

The other problem with these programs is they are EXPENSIVE. I don't understand that. We are the fattest country in the nation. Not only are we lazy but we make it almost impossible to afford health. Yes. HEALTH is expensive. Crossfit is $100 a month. Where do I get that from? I have six mouths to feed! Everyone is all "go organic", don't eat this, don't drink that. I don't understand the theory behind the cost. Screw paleo. I bet your grocery bill is 3 times higher than mine is and I don't even buy processed foods. You want people to be healthy and what not-what not make it affordable so it can be possible and enjoyable? There are a lot of things I would love to try! I wanted to try kickboxing but heck I couldn't even get the lady to call me back, let alone get me a price. Yeah, I know-walking is free, running is free. But it is also boring after so long and you begin to lose interest if you don't add something in the mix; change things up a bit. Trust me, I know.

Temptation is on every eff'n corner. Don't believe me? How many cupcakes shops have opened in Prattville just in the last year? Four. FOUR. WHY?? It is the newest craving sensation. No one wants an entire cake so a cupcake will do in a fix. It's expensive and fattening. Trust me, I KNOW. I can't afford it anymore! (Btw-Gigi's is just nasty, IMO) I have the most horrible sweet tooth you could imagine. I ate something sweet everyday until I forced myself to stop. It is hard, people.

Excuses. But sadly, the truth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

changes are coming

Four years ago, Trevor and Savanna came to live with us, to start a new life. One that we’d hoped would be fruitful and blessed. Our lives changed in every aspect over that four year period. We all grew in different ways. Some for the best and some, not so much. But overall, it was for the betterment of both of them and we saw great improvements over those four years. Last year, one simple mistake changed everything. July of last year during summer football camp, Trevor got caught with a pocket knife. He didn’t think anything of it because he always carries it, just like any other young man in Alabama. He didn’t think about it being a school function and honestly, who would? He had no intentions of harming anyone at all. Mind you, Trevor had come so very far in four years. He was making straight A’s, taking Honors classes, playing football and well on his way to making huge changes for his future. We could not have been more proud. The Autauga County School Board decided they need

life will go on...eventually

     I genuinely believed after having this major surgery, my quality of life would greatly improve. Don’t get me wrong-the surgery did relieve me of my headaches and for that, I am truly grateful. But it seems to have brought on another set of problems that I wasn’t prepared for. It has been frustrating, discouraging and most of all, very painful. My numerous doctors seem to believe that the surgery exacerbated a problem I began having before the surgery-arthritis in my hands. Now, it’s throughout my entire body and some days, it is hard to get out of bed, much less walk. It takes more strength than I knew I had. Pain meds and arthritis meds don’t seem to help much and some days are far worse than other. But I keep going, regardless because I have to. I pray daily for healing but I find myself asking why…why after going through such a traumatic event in my life, believing I was going to move onto something better, does this have to happen now? What am I supposed to be learning for th

tears

I'm an emotional kinda gal. I wear my heart on my sleeve. As tough as I try to be, I have more compassion than you could possibly imagine. I guess that's one of the many reasons I've wanted to become a nurse. So here it is, not even noon and I've probably cried or teared up at least 3-4 times. Why? I was listening to my iPod on the way home from picking up my kids from camp and a song came on that immediately sent my thoughts to Matt. I thought back to the first night we met and like a cheshire cat, my whole face lit up. My heart swelled until I thought it would burst in my chest, I got the warm fuzzies and then I started to cry. Not just tear up but CRY. Yeah. I'm a cry baby. It's the feeling that moves you to the most beautiful tears. Knowing that someone loves you more than themselves. That's hard to find. He can walk in a room and my whole world will stand still. That look he gives me ...butterflies, have mercy. When he wraps his arms around me, I